Chickpea Salad with Chili Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Getting things done around the house like cleaning, folding laundry, hanging garland on the front porch, wrapping gifts and getting them ready to be shipped to different parts of the US made me work up an appetite. Since I don't feel like going to the grocery store today this lunch is a concoction of what I had on hand. Actually, it felt great to use up some of the things I had just laying around the kitchen.
Pics of the new additions and decor around the house to come. For now, kick your feet up and enjoy this easy, inexpensive and fast lunch. You deserve it
1 1/2c chickpeas, cooked
1 handful fresh cilantro
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 garlic clove, minced
2tbsp olive oil
1tbsp brown rice vinegar
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (your choice of color)
1tsp sea salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir lightly.
Chili roasted sweet potato
1 sweet potato, cut into large hunks
1tbsp chili powder
1/4c olive oil
1. pre-heat oven to 415 degrees.
2. Put potatoes in an oven safe pan and coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder.
3. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and immediately serve with chickpea salad.